< Previous Page
Sloped-top Bottom Rail# (caf)
Traditional. Professional. Effective.
For exterior use, the design of your bottom railing is critical! Normal flat-topped bottom railing (interior shoe railing
) will NOT shed water properly. Worse, shoe rails with a channel to receive Balusters
actually trap water! Also, interior styles appear very lightweight when used outside.
Sloped-top Bottom Rail can also be ordered
with P-series Handrails and Subrails as Rail Sets
and Top or Bottom pieces can be ordered
separately at the Size dropdown below.
Our Sloped-top Bottom Rail solves water drainage problems! Two interlocking pieces (shown) provide easy installation, hidden hardware, and substantial, traditional styling! Just screw top piece of Railing into bottom of notched Balusters. (Baluster notching
available as a pop-down on each Exterior Baluster page.) Then, using our pre-drilled holes, screw bottom piece of Railing into place, as shown. This two-piece format also permits easy
are used to support longer Balustrade sections at an appropriate height above the porch floor. Use one Kickspace Block evenly spaced under every 4 or 5 feet of Bottom Rail.Note
: We suggest you consider Cypress
or AZEK® Brand Cellular PVC
(synthetic wood) if you want to upgrade from Poplar
for exterior use.
Available in two sizes:
- Measures 3-5/8" high x 2-5/8" wide OVERALL installed
. Sloped top piece is 2-5/8" wide x 1-1/4" tall with 1/8" deep bottom channel to accept bottom piece
. Bottom piece is 1-1/4" wide x 2-1/2" tall
- Fits 3/4" to 2-1/2" (net width) notched BalustersLarge
- Measures 4-3/8" high (4-1/8" in PVC) x 4" wide OVERALL installed.
. Sloped top piece is 4" wide x 1-1/2" tall (1-1/4" tall in PVC) with 1/8" deep bottom channel to accept bottom piece
. Bottom piece is 3" wide x 3" tall
- Fits notched Balusters up to 3-1/2" (net width)
- Adds 3-3/4" to overall installed height when used with 3-1/2" Balusters
- For Balusters smaller than 3-1/2" please request special notching of Balusters to fit this size Bottom RailSamples
Bottom Rail Samples
CA Resident WARNING
VERY IMPORTANT! Read before ordering:
1. Important Product Details
2. Important Shipping Info