< Previous Page
High Density Polyurethane
High Density Polyurethane - the only kind we sell - is an exceptionally strong and durable material. It is particularly well suited to exterior or interior use because it:
• feels, sounds, installs, and paints just like wood!
• offers ease of installation using common woodworking tools.
• resists chemical attack and severe weather conditions, including salt water exposure
• is impervious to insects
• does not rot, crack, or warp
• has no nutritional value so it resists the growth of mildew and fungus
• is a very "green", environmentally safe material. Contains no atmosphere damaging
• holds paint extremely well. Because polyurethane does not expand and contract
very much, paint is less likely to develop the hairline cracks that permit moisture
to get below the paint surface. That means paint is much less likely to peel or bubble
and will therefore last much longer on Polyurethane.
• includes a durable, factory-applied primer. Use a good quality
latex paint for the top coat. Read more about finishing at our
Important Additional Poly Info page.
Please do not confuse our High Density Polyurethane with slick vinyl, cheap low density polyurethane, or styrofoam. High Density Polyurethane has been used for exterior building products for many years. You've undoubtedly seen but thought it was painted wood in perfect condition. Overall density is very similar to that of white pine but its closed cell structure makes it a very stable, long-lasting material.
Standard Polyurethane items should not be exposed to temperatures higher than 140 degrees F, such as directly above a fireplace. Read more about fire-rated or non-combustible options at our Important Additional Poly Info page. Order a small Sample to see for yourself how good our High Density Polyurethane really is!
Return to Previous Page