|AZEK® Brand PVC|
|Beadboard & V-Groove|
| Caps, Door & Window|
|Casings, Door & Window|
|Corner Guards (Beads)|
|Deck Boards, Etc|
|Entry & Window Systems|
|Finials & Drops|
|Porches & Porch Parts|
|Spires, Roof |
|Stair Parts, Interior |
|The Bargain Room!|
|More . . .|
|Shipping & Returns|
|How To Information|
< Previous Page
Round Fiberglass Column Installation
Please see Important Considerations at bottom of page.
1. Measure height of opening in four places: front, back, left and right of column (see drawing). Mark column accordingly. If you will be using our Flashing Cap (included with all Tuscan Base and Cap sets) it should be installed before taking measurements. If column is too long, shorten length from bottom.
2. Use an abrasive saw (masonry or carbide tip blade). Fine trim top and bottom with rasp to assure flat surface
3. Slip base over top of column shaft and allow to slide to base of shaft. Slip cap over shaft and allow to rest on neck mold. Some sanding may be required.
4. Apply construction adhesive* to top and bottom surfaces of column.
5. Put assembly in place and plumb. Make sure load is centered over column shaft and evenly distributed around the bearing surface.
6. Mark and drill holes in floor and column shaft for aluminum brackets (included with Tuscan Cap and Base Set).
7. Apply construction adhesive* to top of cap, press against structure, and screw or nail into place.
8. Apply construction adhesive* to bottom of base and nail or screw to floor.
*Use a non-acetone based exterior grade construction adhesive.
REQUIRED LOAD BEARING
Ensure concentric loading of the column. 100% of bottom must contact substrate and 75% of top must contact soffit.
When attaching hand rails or corner irons to Round Columns, holes must be pre-drilled.
CAP AND BASE
Light sanding may be needed for correct fitting of base.
Columns are not designed to be set into masonry. Do not fill with concrete. Concrete can be used with a barrier such as sonatube. Leave minimum 1/2" gap to allow for expansion and contraction of the concrete. Columns are not designed to be used in a free standing application. If used in free standing applications a structural support must be used.
Follow paint manufacturer’s instructions for priming and finishing of fiberglass composite column and polyurethane cap and base. Do not paint using dark colors (dark colors are considered any color that falls within the L values of 56 to 0). L is a measure of the lightness of an object, and ranges from 0 (black) to 100 (white).
OPTIONAL ORNAMENTAL CAPITALS
When installing a round Fiberglass column with an ornamental capital, subtract the distance from top of ornament to top of neck mold, and add the height of the ornamental capital. This can lengthen or shorten the height of the column.
WARRANTY IS VOID IF INSTALLATION
INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT FOLLOWED
Return to previous page