< Previous Page
Installation of PVC Rail with Insert
Warranty is void if Installation Instructions are not followed.
1. Trim Balusters to adjust Top Rail height as needed. Be sure local building code is considered for Top Rail height and space below Bottom Rail.
2. Measure opening where Top and Bottom Rails are to be installed. Check local building codes for maximum allowable Rail length. (Maximum span length between supports is 8 feet to retain Manufacturer's Warranty for Standard and Savannah PVC Rails.)
3. Trim aluminum Inserts to exact opening measurement because Fastening Kits for aluminum Inserts do not add length to the Insert.
4. Attach top and bottom Rail Fasteners (with included screws) according to instructions included with Fasteners.
5. Mark center point of top Insert and bottom PVC Rail.
6. Place first Baluster at center point and screw through bottom PVC Rail into Baluster using #8, 2-1/2'' galvanized deck screws.
7. Decide the desired width between Balusters. (Check local building codes; maximum 4" is standard.) Cut a block the width you desire between Balusters and use as a guide for equal spacing. Attach remaining Balusters to bottom PVC Rail. Then attach all Balusters to top Insert, starting with center Baluster.
8. Apply non-acetone based construction adhesive to bottom of Insert and place into bottom PVC Railing. If length of Rail Section is over 4' you will need to install a Kickspace Block under center point of bottom Rail.
9. If installing Savannah Top Rail, slide over top Insert. Place assembled Rail Section into position and attach with Fasteners. Follow instructions included with Fasteners.
10. Standard Top Rail can be attached using non-acetone based construction adhesive and 1'' galvanized deck screws. Savannah Top Rail does not require adhesive. Caulk ends of rail with exterior grade flexible caulk.
1. Touch-up paint is available as an option.
2. Standard and Savannah PVC Railing is pre-finished with a tough exterior grade coating that is warranted for 10 years against yellowing. When painting is desired, simply coat with an exterior paint, following manufacturer's instruction. Do not use dark colors that fall within the L values of 56 to 0. L is a measure of lightness of an object and ranges from 0 (black) to 100 (white).