|AZEK® Brand PVC|
|Beadboard & V-Groove|
| Caps, Door & Window|
|Casings, Door & Window|
|Corner Guards (Beads)|
|Deck Boards, Etc|
|Entry & Window Systems|
|Finials & Drops|
|Porches & Porch Parts|
|Spires, Roof |
|Stair Parts, Interior |
|The Bargain Room!|
|More . . .|
|Shipping & Returns|
|How To Information|
< Previous Page
Finishing Polyurethane Products
All of our Polyurethane Products are primed with an exterior grade latex paint and are ready to install. After initial installation, to achieve the most consistent finished appearance you should fill any screw or nail holes made during the installation and touch up all seams and joints prior to painting. The steps to be followed are the same for all of our polyurethane products and are as follows:
1. Allow all installation adhesive to dry 24-48 hours before beginning the finishing procedure.
2. Cut off any excess adhesive using a utility knife.
3. Clean and remove all dirt, oil, and grease from the surface using a wax and grease remover product.
4. With 80 grit sandpaper, “rough up” the surface surrounding screw/nail holes made during installation. This will ensure good filler adhesion.
5. Sand all joint areas with 80 grit sandpaper to “rough up” and “blend in” any misalignment of the product during installation.
6. Once all the areas needing touch up are “roughed up” and “blended in”, remove all dust from the surface of the product, again using the wax and grease remover. Compressed air can be used to remove excess sanding dust.
7. Apply filler to the areas needing touch up. (Use a 2-component, light weight automotive filler, such as “ Car Systems AutoFit, Eurosoft # CARS134458”). Apply the filler using thin coats, sanding between each coat with 120 or 180 grit sandpaper. Doing so will reduce the amount of material which will have to be sanded away. Generally it will be necessary to apply 2 or more coats of filler to get the best results.
8. Prime all areas which have been filled. (Use an interior/exterior latex primer such as Sherwin-Williams A100).
9. Caulk seams along bedding edges of moulding, around ceiling medallions, around column shafts, around caps/bases, around the end of railings, around balusters, and in any other areas necessary to provide a clean installation. (Use an exterior, paintable exterior Latex caulking such as Sherwin-Williams ProSelect 1100A).
10. Paint the product as desired. Do not use dark or glossy colors as they will accentuate any flaws left during the installation. (Use a product such as Sherwin Williams Interior/Exterior A100 or SuperPaint, flat or satin).
Primer: Sherwin Williams A100 or PrepRite Classic Interior Latex Primer
Paint: Sherwin Williams A100 or SuperPaint
PreCleaner: Sherwin Williams Pro Clean Professional
Caulking: Sherwin Williams ProSelect 1100A
Deco Flex: Sherwin Williams SuperPaint