< Previous Page
Cornice Installation Suggestions
The following installation suggestions are provided for general reference only. Please realize that we cannot give specific installation instructions for your particular situation, nor can we determine the appropriateness of a given installation method for your particular situation and intended use. Your local hardware or home improvement store is often a wonderful source of additional information.
1. Attach directly to Casing - Providing your Casing is securely fastened to the wall and providing your Cornice is sufficiently long to fit over your Casing, you can screw down through the top of the Cornice Shelf and into the top edge of the Casing. This is perhaps the easiest way to install your Cornices.
2. 'L' Brackets (not the flat corner braces) - Connect one leg of the bracket to the bottom of the shelf board and the other leg to the wall.
3. Saw-toothed Picture Hangers - Use several across the back of the shelf board.
4. Molly Bolts - Often used in drywall (sheetrock) when it is not possible to screw or nail directly into wood. Pre-drill holes in drywall.
5. Loop Hangers (D-Ring & Flat-Ring Hangers) - Can be nailed or screwed to back of the Cornice.